Cellulite is increasingly becoming more common among women and men these days. Poor diet, slow metabolism, fad dieting, lack of physical activity and hormone changes are few factors that influence development and increase of cellulite. Although, it tends to be less noticeable on darker skin, if you have light skin it could be very difficult to hide the dimpled and puckered skin.
There are several products and treatments that promise to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs. But the best cellulite treatment can only be administered by trained dermatologists and cosmetologists. Several therapies are recommended by skin specialists as best cellulite treatment, such as –
- Liposuction: For advanced cases of fat deposits under the skin, surgically suctioning out fat from the dermal layer is a good option to address cellulite.
- Mesotherapy: Injection of enzymes enriched with vitamins and minerals into skin to induce natural break down of fatty tissue
- Pneumatic massages: Pressured massaging of cellulite affected area to improve lymph drainage and induce fat tissue breakage
- Heat therapy: Application of heat to the cellulite affected area to break down sub-cutaneous adipose layer and induce its drainage through natural metabolism
- Magnetic and radio frequency therapy electrical stimulation: Application of magnetic induction waves and radio frequency to electrically stimulate the adipose tissue layer under the skin.
- Venus Fat Freeze: This method uses application of pulsed electro-magnetic field to the cellulite, resulting in breakdown of sub-cutaneous adipose tissue. As the fat gets naturally metabolized, the cellulite appearance also reduces over multiple sessions.
Except for liposuction, all these alternative treatment options require multiple sessions, spread across 4-8 weeks. Depending upon how hardened the fat tissue is to form cellulite and your skin type, the treatment duration and effectiveness can vary.
Some of the best cellulite treatment consists of a wide range of pharmacological agents which are used to get rid of cellulite. These include medications with caffeine and Theobromine, Pentoxifuline, alpha antagonists and beta antagonists and adrenaline Rustin and Indian chestnut etc. These drugs are either applied topically or ingested orally to manage fat tissue development in the body. Topical creams containing aminophylline are also recommended for treating cellulite.
However, eating a healthy and balanced diet and exercising is important to complement even the best cellulite treatments. Although cellulite in itself is not a dangerous medical condition, it can be a major aesthetic problem. Therefore, it is important to select the best dermatologist or cosmetologist available to receive the best cellulite treatment.
Dr. Rinky Kapoor specializes in dermatological treatments and offers customized aesthetic procedures to manage skin conditions. Contact the Esthetic Clinic today to book your own personal consultation and receive the best cellulite treatment in Mumbai.