Vitiligo may not be a debilitating and rampant disorder, but with 0.3-1% of the world’s population getting affected by this auto-immune disease, Vitiligo treatment has surely emerged as an important field of medicine. In Vitiligo, the melanocytes (pigment producing cells in the body) start getting destroyed, thereby causing de-pigmentation or discoloration of the skin. As de-pigmentation happens, white patches start appearing on the skin in different parts of the body like the inside surfaces of mouth, nose and retina.
Usually, the Vitiligo condition is associated with other autoimmune disorders as the factors triggering Vitiligo are primarily genetic. People carrying a set of three defective genes are most likely to develop Vitiligo before their 40th birthday. Conditions like Hyperthyroidism, adrenocortical insufficiency, Alopecia areata and Perinicious anemia can trigger the onset of Vitiligo. The condition is diagnosed with the help of physical examination and evaluation of family history. Diagnosis is further confirmed by skin biopsy before Vitiligo treatment can begin.
Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai is offered by many dermatological experts and skin care specialists. There are several alternative treatments available which can be delivered depending upon the severity of the condition. Vitiligo treatment is primarily classified into two categories –
- Medical Therapies
- Psoralen photo chemotherapy – Can be administered both orally and topically
- De-pigmentation of the surrounding skin to match the color of Vitiligo inflicted skin
- Surgical Therapies
- Autologous skin grafts (skin from another area attached to Vitiligo affected area)
- Skin grafts with blisters (pigmented skin blisters are artificially created using heat, suction or cold; then cut out to transplant on de-pigmented skin)
- Micro pigmentation (implanting pigment into the skin, similar to tattooing)
- Autologous melanocyte transplants (lab grown melanocytes injected in the de-pigmented skin to cause re-pigmentation)
Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai can be availed through several options. However, a patient is required to undergo sustained treatment for 6-18 months. Thus, relying on specialists like Dr. Rinky Kapoor, ensures guaranteed results and fair prices. Dermatologistmumbai.com specializes in Vitiligo treatment with both medical and surgical therapies conducted with specialized instruments and under professional care.
You don’t have to live with Vitiligo any longer
Being diagnosed with Vitiligo and living with it is not an easy thing for anyone. It is difficult for Vitiligo treatment and some days are worse than the rest. However, the good news is that you don’t have to live with Vitiligo anymore. Getting Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai, with Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics, is now possible. If anyone told you now that Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai is not possible and is just dream, they are far from the truth.
There are some options when you are looking for Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai and some of them are things you can do on your own. So here goes the Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai options!
- Using sunscreen: Sunscreen is an incredibly important part of Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai. Sunscreen not only protects the skin from the sun for Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai, it also protects the skin from tanning, which may only worsen the skin condition you suffer from. When you are using this Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai, make sure to always use sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 30.
- Makeup: This is another wonderful Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai, especially if you are undergoing more specific dermatological treatment. Using makeup to cover up your condition is a great Vitiligo treatment idea.
- Spot treatment with laser therapy: Your dermatologist may also recommend Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai that consists of laser therapy. Depending on how mild or severe your condition is, this kind of Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai may just be the thing you were waiting for.
Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai has many forms. For some people, Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai is all about getting the right make up done before stepping out of the house. But for those who don’t want to pursue this kind of Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai, there are treatment options as well. The good news is that unlike previously, Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai has lost a lot of the taboo that was involved and now more patients are eager to get proper Vitiligo treatment in Mumbai with Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics.