Tattoos are popular as a way of self-expression in contemporary culture. With the evolution of technology and art, more and more people have been able to decorate their bodies with tattoos. At the same time, many people who experiment with tattoos, eventually feel the need to get the ink removed and restore the natural state of their skin.
As important as it is to get tattooed from a trained professional who uses proper equipment and hygienic tools, it is equally important to choose a trained professional to get a tattoo removed. A tattoo removal procedure gone wrong can lead to various health complications and completely ruin the dermal area treated. Laser tattoo removal in Mumbai, is therefore, emerging as a popular solution for tattoo removal in Mumbai.
Traditionally, tattoo removal in Mumbai was done with the help of treatments like Sand-abrasion or surgical excisions. However, Laser tattoo removal in Mumbai has become the preferred treatment of dermatologists due to the high levels of accuracy and faster recovery offered by it.
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
This treatment involves application of focused laser on ink fragment particles, enabling their natural absorption into the skin. Q switched Nd YAG laser and Q switched Alexandrite laser are the two most preferred laser types for tattoo removal in Mumbai.
How laser tattoo removal works
- Local anaesthesia is administered on the patient to ensure that minimal pain and sensation is experienced during treatment process.
- Specific wavelength laser is applied to the tattooed area by placing the hand-piece next to the skin.
- Laser pulses are successively applied to the tattooed area for breaking down the ink into smaller fragments.
- Tattoo lightens with every sessions and completely dissolves on completion of treatment.
- Side-effects like eczema, scab formation, and allergic reaction can be observed on treated area for up to 72 hours after a session.
The cost of tattoo removal procedure depends on the size of the tattoo and the colors used in the tattoo. Laser tattoo removal, professional or amateur, requires multiple sessions for completely removing the tattoo ink from the skin. While black and blue tattoos are easiest to remove, coloured tattoos can take 6-10 sessions for complete removal. Therefore, selecting a professional dermatologist for Laser Tattoo removal in Mumbai is important to ensure that you don’t have to go through a lot of pain and spend money without achieving desired results.
Dr. Rinky Kapoor specializes in developing customized tattoo removal treatment programs, specific to the medical history and skin type of patients. Visit the Esthetic Clinic to book your personal tattoo removal consultation and get the best price quote for Laser tattoo removal in Mumbai.