Hair Loss Treatment
Generally men/women, who have hair loss problem, try to hide it behind a new hairstyle, scarves or hats. However, it is better to start treatment before the condition gets worse. Hair loss cannot just affect the hair on your scalp, but it can affect your body hair as well. Many of such cases are due to the patient’s genetic makeup or any medical condition. Sometimes hair loss can be due to your body’s reaction to specific medications as well.
Hair loss can affect anyone, irrespective of the gender and age. The baldness caused by hair loss is more common in males than females and it affects more at old age and affects more if the patient has a family history of hair loss. Here at Esthetic Clinics we offer many types of anti-hair loss treatment procedures.
What are the common causes for hair loss?
- The most common cause of hair loss is androgenic alopecia, which is informally known as male bald patterning. It can be due to hereditary reasons or due to aging. It is treated with an active form of hormone testosterone called DHT.
- The female version of androgenic alopecia can be attributed to the hormonal disturbance in one’s body system which also can be hereditary.
- Another cause is Telogen effluvium, which is the type of hair loss caused by stress. This type of hair loss can also be caused due to illness, after child birth, weight loss, pregnancy or any kind of nutritional deficiency.
Certain drugs like anti-cancer medications and radiation or chemotherapy for treatment can also cause hair loss.
- Patchy hair loss also termed alopecia areata, which occurs suddenly on any part of the body where hair grow.
- Trichotillomania, due to pulling of hair deliberately; this is a psychological disorder.
- Scarring alopecia occurs due to skin diseases like lichen planus, lupus etc. and they are irreversible.
The type of hair loss can be determined by hormone level checks and blood tests as well. To determine the type of alopecia, biopsy maybe required in some cases.
Anti – Hair Loss Treatments
There are many types of treatments available for hair loss. The typical treatments sought by patients are medications, laser surgery or normal surgery.
- Medication is the most common type of treatment asked by patients. If there is an underlying cause for hair loss such as any serious diseases, possibly the medication for that disease is the reason behind hair loss. The two common types of medications allowed by FDA to treat baldness are Minoxidil, which comes in foam or a liquid form to rub on scalp and Propecia which is only used for alopecia (baldness) in men and can be taken in pill form. Both medications have certain side effects to take note of.
- In women, hormonal imbalance can be tackled with healthy diet, exercise and appropriate medications as well as any of the following treatments, will solve the problem.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – PRP injections are blood plasmas that are enriched with platelets which contain several growth factors and cytokines are used for anti-hair loss treatment.
- Stem Cell treatment – Stem cells are extracted from your own fat which are referred to as autologous stem cells and are injected into the affected area to revive hair follicles.
- QR678 Hair Growth Factor Injections Treatment – The epidermal hair follicles are regulated by a powerful interaction between the mesenchymal and epithelial cells in a series of process of growth, transition, resting and then fall. The mesenchymal cells release specific growth factors which are the ultimate stimulators of follicular epithelial cells which in turn multiply resulting in full development of hair follicles.
It is the latest in non-surgical hair re-growth treatment developed by a team of expert medical professionals from India. A mixture of hair growth specific growth factors are injected via multiple injections into the affected areas, in monthly sessions (8-10) of about 15 minutes each, over a span of 8-10 months. It is a targeted therapy involving the final growth molecules, i.e.: the growth factors, being administered directly in the hair roots. By-passing skin as well as blood barriers, hence supposedly, it should be a very effective therapy for most patterns of hair loss and virtually devoid of side effects. It can be an alternative to transplant in the earlier stages of alopecia and also work in cases where no other therapy has worked.
- Hair transplant surgery
Hair transplant surgery is for the later stages when the hair growth with just medical means or support is not possible. Then Follicular unit transplant/extraction and latest hair implanting techniques can be used.
- Possible risks involved in such procedure include infection and scarring.
- Another type of surgery includes laser surgery. A low level of laser device is used to improve the overall development of thickness of hair after its initial growth. This is a new procedure; therefore more research needs to be done on this therapy.
- Studies are underway for genetic remodeling for Androgenetic alopecia, generation of hair follicle with stem cells in the laboratory, hair cloning etc. However, they are still in the initial stages and will take years before they can be used in humans.
- Laser treatment can also be done as adjunct though the results are unproven in clinical studies.
Hair Loss Treatment Before and After Photos-
Why Choose Us?
At The Esthetic clinic, all our services are custom designed to offer the best and most advanced treatment available in skin care worldover. Our co-founder, Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a celebrated Dermatologist in Mumbai, India and is trained as a Cosmetic Dermatologist, Cosmetologist and Trichologist from the National Skin Centre, Singapore & the Stanford University, USA. Our expert care providers take into consideration your relevant medical history and skin type before devising a treatment plan for you at reasonable prices. As it is a staged procedure and varies from patient to patient, we recommend you to call The Esthetic clinic helpline to arrange for a personal appointment.
For more information you may book an appointment with expert dermatologist Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinic.
A hair fall treatment method that works for you
Hair is something that adds to your beauty and when hair fall is something you can’t stop, the getting hair fall treatment in Mumbai fast is important. Hair fall treatment in Mumbai does not need to be expensive nor does it need to be painful. When you find the right dermatologist like Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics, the right hair fall treatment in Mumbai will be made available to you. There are some choices for hair loss treatment in Mumbai you may have to make:
Drugs: This is usually the first hair fall treatment that your dermatologist will try. There are many hair fall treatment drugs available and you will have to follow the prescription.
Topical ointments: The next hair loss treatment to try is topical ointments. There are many topical solutions available for hair fall treatment. From Rogain to Minoxidil, choosing the right hair loss treatment in Mumbai is essential.
Surgical procedures: If your condition is chronic, then your dermatologist like Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics may recommend surgical hair loss treatments for you. Whether it is hair bonding or another procedure, there is always a hair fall treatment that will be suitable for you.
Needless to say, a visit with Dr. Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics should act as a starting point with your hair fall treatment.